Nordic walking and its 5 benefits!
Nordic walking is also a "shock-free" physical activity, despite the fact that you need to use special poles tailored to your height. Its benefits are similar to those of fitness walking, while the arm movements exercise 90% of the muscles of your body.
1. This is a dynamic physical activity that exercises the cardiovascular system very well without being as "traumatic" as running. The poles, which aid propulsion, increase your speed (from 6 to 11 km/h) and help you expend more energy than fitness walking (about 400 calories per hour of walking).
2. However this is not the only advantage of this discipline. On hilly terrain where it is difficult to keep up a fast walking pace, poles help to steady yourself and move forwards despite the uneven terrain.
3. Nordic walking is also ideal for breathing deeply! Indeed, using poles helps to open up your rib cage which expands your breathing capacity.
4. Walking with poles forces you to adopt a more upright posture and therefore relieves back problems. This gentle and stress-free exercise of the body reactivates the muscles of your back from top to bottom. The improved posture and stronger back muscles will create the right conditions for exercising your neck, thereby reducing pain and stiffness in this area.
5. Finally, fitness walking relieves tension in the knees and hips because of the role played by the poles in absorbing the slight shocks experienced with each stride.